Create your Foundation
Introduction to success
Becoming “unstuck” in any area you desire change is to simplify as much as possible and allow possibility instead of struggle. The next 21 days will be full of luscious learning, but easy things to apply to build your confidence and foundation.
What is required of you is a willingness to be open to experience and try something different. And I will provide food and nutrition steps for each day along with clearing tools for stress and negativity, and inspiration tools to help create more clarity and joy.
Each week will have a theme however, with steps within that theme to take each day.
Week One will be powering up to support the body to heal cravings and nutritional deficits and the soul to move forward with ease and flow.
Week Two will be to cleanse, detoxify and eliminate to support clarity and healing.
Week Three will be for balance and lifestyle habits that create radical transformation now and in the long term.
Basic recommendations during the 21 days:
I recommend 30-60 minutes of exercise each day. There is no need to do excessive exercise but do something above & beyond your normal daily activities. For example, if you perform physical labor as a part of your work or hobbies, you’ll want to include something that challenges your body beyond what you can already do. If you sit at a desk 8 hours a day, then walking or weighted walking may be enough to start with. In either scenario, movement is important to release toxins and for vitality.
Avoid eating out or ordering in throughout the program.
Cut back or eliminate alcohol and added sugars as much as possible.
If there is something on a menu plan that you have a sensitivity to, don’t eat it. I leave it up to you to adjust the suggested menus as needed for safety. They are merely samples for combining different key nutrients at different phases of this program. Mix it up as you need to.
Include foods (your choice of how many you would like to include) to support the liver daily; lemon, beets, dark leafy greens, artichoke, garlic, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussels, asparagus, cabbage) and avocado.
Include low glycemic and organic, local, hormone, antibiotic free meats, dairy and vegetables as much as possible.
There is nothing that will heal you faster and more completely than a good night’s sleep. Do anything necessary to achieve the goal of 7-8 hours sleep per night. Take things off your schedule. Turn off bright lights and electronics a few hours before bedtime. Sleep in a different room than your partner if they snore. Wear eye cover, ear plugs and white noise if necessary. Sleep in a cool, dark, quiet space with no distractions.
Get help from a qualified health practitioner if you have chronic sleep issues. It is that serious.
A helpful tool to unwind and relax before bedtime is leg up the wall yoga pose. It is a restorative pose if done for 10 to 15 minutes with no distractions and with the lights off before bed. You will want to get up slowly and roll right into bed after however so you don’t reactivate the sympathetic nervous system response.
You have everything you need inside of you to move forward in any area of Life.
Make this course your own and really work with the tools as much as possible to get the best possible results.
Week One, Day One: Power Up: Nutritional Tools
By powering up we are going to add foods in to your life instead of take any out at first. In this way we tend to eliminate hunger and cravings in the long run. Most people tend to be under-eating critical macro and micro nutrients in my clinical experience so this is really the best place to start.
Cravings tend to fall away when the body gets the nutrients it really needs.
Daily Hydration Focus For Your Entire Program:
Drink half your body weight in ounces of water. Often thirst is mistaken for hunger. I do not recommend drinking more than 64 oz per day for most people however, no matter their weight. Please drink at least that amount and not too much over for the purposes or this program.
Hydration is critical for every body function and especially for the cells to release toxins. Clearing out toxins is a part of the 21 day program, except without the use of supplements but through food and proper hydration alone. The combined approach should leave leave you feeling like new!
Of course not all water is made equal and in a perfect world you would drink the following water for best results and proper hydration:
- alkaline water
- not chlorinated or fluorinated
- filtered properly to remove the above but also mineralized
- not from plastic containers of any kind (even BPA free)
Foods to add in every day this week:
Protein and green vegetables
How to implement this strategy:
It is very critical to add the right amount of protein in at every meal this week to ease hunger signals and heal metabolism. You can eat as many green or non starchy root vegetables as you would like on this program. There is no limit for them.
Please do the following for protein:
- Eat protein at breakfast within a half hour of waking, even if you are not hungry. You will re-set your hunger signals and heal metabolism over time changing the timing of what you eat and amounts of protein eaten.
- Eat between 15 and 20 grams of protein- I recommend animal proteins for best results- at each meal this week. This is actually a very small portion size by volume if you look at amounts. I recommend getting very familiar with portion sizes so you can know how much you are eating. Not all proteins are created equal. Salmon and steak for example are both very different in grams of protein for the same portion size by volume.
- Do not substitute vegetarian protein options for animal protein- it simply will not work the same for this and there are many reasons for this. Animal proteins are pure protein and not mixed with carbohydrate. We are wanting pure protein and I find soy not to be a good option for too many people. This will be explained later in week two.
- Eat meals within 4 1/2 to 5 hours of each other max- DO NOT skip meals ever for any reason to heal metabolism and cravings.
- Eat a very small snack between breakfast and lunch if you need it (if you do not experience any hunger between meals, don’t snack) of any protein you would like from nuts and seeds, cottage cheese, cheese, a hard boiled egg or sliced meats. The snack will be approximately 4 grams protein if possible. This is only a few nuts, small portion of cottage cheese, one or two slices of turkey, etc. It’s just to keep metabolism revved up.
For the greens do the following:
- Be sure to have a juicer at hand for taking in the most greens possible and the most micro nutrients and minerals that you can. My favorite affordable and easy to use juicer is still the Jack La Lanne juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, I highly recommend getting one now to change your life. It is the least expensive thing to do to get the biggest result possible.
- Drink two 12 to 16 ounce green drinks per day. You can drink one early in the day and one with dinner. Great recipe for green drinks includes:
- kale- only use one to two leaves unless you are really into it. A little goes a long way with kale
- chard- same instructions as kale
- beet- just use a small portion of a few chopped cubes- your choice
- lemon- use half of one lemon for best results
Basic green drink recipe: (adjust as you desire)
2- 4 stalks celery
1/2 of one medium sized cucumber or one whole smaller sized cucumber with skin on, organic
1 leaf kale washed thoroughly
2 chopped cubes of beet (not even 1/4 cup)
1/2 of one lemon, skin on, organic
Sample Menu For Day One
2-3 eggs any style, if you need to add protein you can add 1 slice of cheese
12-16 oz Green Drink
1/2 Chicken breast
1 1/2 Cups garbanzo bean salad with feta, mint and basil, cucumber, celery and olives. Just mix all ingredients to your liking and add any vinaigrette you enjoy. Of course you can add lettuces to this as well, or just keep it as a simple bean salad.
Roast salmon, a 4 oz portion is usually more than 30 grams of protein so have your butcher portion out sizes for you. 4 oz often feels pretty small to most people, so the trick is to eat what you are hungry for. If you are full on a small portion that is fine. If you need more, eat more. We don’t skimp on protein this week.
I recommend making the salmon however you like it. If you like pestos, or spice rubs, or want to keep it simple with herbs and olive oil and butter that is fine.
Broccoli with lemon and butter
1 cup brown rice pilaf with herbs. You can make your own brown rice or buy cooked frozen brown rice at Trader Joes and add vegetables of your choosing or herbs to the mix. I recommend making a large enough batch for a few meals at one time.
12-16 oz green drink
Week One, Day One: Power Up Inspiration Tool
Just for today, let your focus be on the following affirmative statement:
I am important
Let your focus take you into this thought all day today and spend at least 10 minutes entirely focused to think this thought through sitting in a peaceful place and taking time to yourself. I am going to recommend putting your hands at your heart and taking a few slow deep breaths as you repeat this affirmation. Feel yourself grounded to the earth, while also opening to guidance from above and imagine bringing a powerful healing pink and gold light in from the top of your head through every cell of your body as you sit in this meditation.
Meridians are mapped throughout our bodies and have powerful emotional healing potential. For the purposes of this course I would like to introduce the collar bone point to use for these affirmations.
The point just a few inches down toward your chest and out toward your shoulders on either side of the body is what is termed “the collar bone” point in Emotional Freedom Techniques. This is also the acupuncture point of k22.
This point has a few great purposes. One is to get our energy moving “forward” if you will or work with energy reversals. We can get reversed for many reasons and it is pretty common.
Tap with your fingertips or rub this spot as you say this affirmation for as many minutes and up to 10 minutes per day to really let it sink in and take hold.
This meditation is critical as in order to do anything good and transformational for ourselves we must feel we matter and that we are important enough to do it.
Week One, Day One: Power Up Clearing Tool
What are able to let go of today? I recommend this as an on-going practice but for today especially, think about what you are really and truly willing to let go of forever now.
Some possible examples:
Not speaking up when you really need to or communicating clearly with people who are important to you.
Saying no when you mean no. Making your “yeses” much more genuine instead of being a people pleaser for free of losing someone’s affection or regard.
Putting too many things in your schedule and staying overly booked and therefore stressed out and overwhelmed. Many times this is simply a choice. What can you let go of? What are you willing to let go of?
Gossip and talking negatively about others.
Having a negative outlook and focus and “sarcasm.”
Not putting your needs- your most important needs- first.
We can also choose to work on letting go of past disappointments, hurts, resentments, beliefs, etc.
Bottom of Form
Discuss This Course With Others